To make a long long long long story shorter.... We finally found the courage to do it. Daycare day came...We cried, all three of us...I called at 11 am to check in on Skylar and the director told me, ...nooooo, Skyla not here today (in broken chinese/english.) WHAT?!!! That scared the living (you know what) out of me...She then said ohhhhh...this is Skyla' mama? Yes it is...oh yes Skyla here, doing fine...(more broken words) want to talk to teacha? Yes please, thank you...Teacher gets on...(I can hear Skylar screaming)...hi skyla mama, hi skyla mama...(more broken english...) then CLICK...The teacher hung the phone up on me! By then my heart was pounding...the horrible nightmere is coming true...I bolted out of work, walked the block and a half down to daycare and walked right in (no lock on the front door and no one to ask me who I am, etc...again nightmere.) Walked right into the infant room with my street shoes on. No one there to tell me in English that the children play on the floor and that the spit, oil and dirt I just stepped in on the way there was going to get on my child's hands and eventually into her mouth....Anyhow I removed my shoes on my own and looked up. There's my shining star, in an excersaucer smiling away. Breath of air...ahhhh...ok so she is fine, but why the blank did you hang up on me..??? Oh the teacher said Skyla poopy. I guess what she meant was that the baby was upset when I called beacause she had a diaper of poop and instead of asking me to call back, the easiest thing was to hang up on me. Yeah nice! Thank you, very courteous.
I will stop here beacause I want my blog to be a positive reading experience. Instead of typing the rest of this horror story, (because it is very long and it goes through until this past weekend!) I will just say that Skylar is no longer enrolled in daycare at this time.
The only positive thing that came out of this mess was she got to spend a whole day with her auntie Janell and cousin Maddie and another whole day with her Grammy Dearborn while mommy got some hours in at work.
2 comments:
Three words...God bless You!...I think childcare is one of the hardest things working parents struggle with.
Yikes, and I thought that it was hard on us! Best of luck getting things worked out.
Post a Comment