Friday, February 17, 2006

Somehow

A friend recently said to me, I think you'll like getting back some "me" time. Although I look forward to returning to my career, there is a hairline fracture.
Over the past 6 months, I have thought about my baby every waking minute of every day. The most interesting part is, I didn't even realize it. Now I think about not being able to think about her every waking minute of every day. That frightens me. I have to learn to compartmentalize my thoughts to include other parts of my life. I need to leave some room for door swings, client needs, deadlines and building codes. All very important in that particular part of my life. 6 months ago that part of my life was half of the whole, however, now I'm afraid I'm working with an 8 cut pizza. I suppose the "me" time is the 8 slices eaten and savored individually.
I will strive to show my daughter that she can have it all. I will try to show her that it is possible to have a career as well as a happy and healthy family.
I do wonder how women get through the first day. However, over the past 6 months I have learned about the amazing courage, strength and indomitable spirit being a mother requires.
I need to find a pile of courage before next week.
I will find it
~Somehow~

No comments: