Let me start out by saying our little one is quite the traveler. She had been in a Boston taxi to start (in the HOV lane as a bonus!), then an airplane, when we arrived in Florida Papa took her on his fishing boat and then out to sea. On the way home she traveled on a bus and then she braved the silver line before we headed out on the commuter train for home sweet home! Whew!
As soon as she got on the airplane she was busy looking around at all the new faces. Skylar and I spend much of our time at home staring at eachother, therefore new faces are very interesting to her. On the airplane she was able to get a good look at several different faces. In the close confines of an airplane you can really have a heyday. At one point it was very hysterical because we had one particular stewardess who was quite interesting to look at (even for Jay and me.) The woman was, I am guessing in her mid to later 60's and she had very puffy jet black hair and wore black and white animal print "stylish" glasses and to finish the look, a red shade of lipstick. Her personality made her fairly animated as well. It was like watching a deer in the headlights, Skylar's eyes got very wide and she just couldn't get herself to look away from this lady. At one point the woman actually said, "wow your baby must find me mesmerizing." Yes well you are pretty interesting I thought, however instead of actually verbalizing what was in my head I took a toy out. This seemed to break the gaze from my daughter's gigantically round inquisitive eyes to the woman's wildly puffy black up-do. I'm not sure Skylar learned anything from her presentation except that a greatly interesting looking woman can buckle a seat belt in mid-air and wave her hands around to show where the exits are located. Shortly following the "show" Skylar fell fast asleep and mama and daddy sighed a breath of relief.
As soon as she got on the airplane she was busy looking around at all the new faces. Skylar and I spend much of our time at home staring at eachother, therefore new faces are very interesting to her. On the airplane she was able to get a good look at several different faces. In the close confines of an airplane you can really have a heyday. At one point it was very hysterical because we had one particular stewardess who was quite interesting to look at (even for Jay and me.) The woman was, I am guessing in her mid to later 60's and she had very puffy jet black hair and wore black and white animal print "stylish" glasses and to finish the look, a red shade of lipstick. Her personality made her fairly animated as well. It was like watching a deer in the headlights, Skylar's eyes got very wide and she just couldn't get herself to look away from this lady. At one point the woman actually said, "wow your baby must find me mesmerizing." Yes well you are pretty interesting I thought, however instead of actually verbalizing what was in my head I took a toy out. This seemed to break the gaze from my daughter's gigantically round inquisitive eyes to the woman's wildly puffy black up-do. I'm not sure Skylar learned anything from her presentation except that a greatly interesting looking woman can buckle a seat belt in mid-air and wave her hands around to show where the exits are located. Shortly following the "show" Skylar fell fast asleep and mama and daddy sighed a breath of relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment