Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Out on the town

Janell and I take the girls to the movies every Tuesday. The Randolph cineplex and the Boston Loews has movies for mothers with babies. It's fantastic, they turn the volume down, they dim the lights rather than turn them off, they provide diaper changing stations with wipes, and they have a concession so you don't have to miss any of the movie. They have for sale starbucks coffee, dunkin donuts muffins and bagels. The movies start at 10 am. If your baby fusses it's ok because everyone there has that keen ability to still enjoy the flick. We have seen about 4 or 5 so far. Yours, mine and ours, Cheaper by the dozen part 2, Matador, The chronicles of Narnia, and a couple more that I can't think of off hand. We usually go to the Randolph one because it is free parking and there is never more than 10-15 people there AND it is only 5 minutes max from our house. However yesterday we went to the one in Boston. Boy oh boy! I think there were about 30 babies there and it seemed like they all decided to cry at once. Skylar and Maddie were so well behaved it was kinda funny. They were probably thinking hey who the heck is that making all the noise I usually make. Some of the babies were so new that it made me think how fast 5 months go. Skylar will be 5 months old next Friday. It takes my breath away. She is doing tons of things now and it's so fun to watch her embark on new discoveries! We are taking her on her first flight to Naples Florida next Wednesday to visit my parents. I suspect there will be a story or two for the blog when we return!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

That is so cool! I wish we had something like that around here! I have thought of taking Brynna to a movie but they are usually so loud in the theatres. The local library is playing March of the Penguins tomorrow night...hmm maybe we can do this! :)