Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Time?

As fall rolls around every year I start getting excited about all the holidays that are on the horizon. However, this fall brings me a new chapter of life. Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever held. Being a mom is also the most time consuming job I have ever held. No... at 5:30 you do not turn your computer off, say goodbye to your buddies and go home to your free time.
I figured since I am home all the time now, I would have the house decorated to a tee for each holiday. Well...I have bins and bins of Halloween stuff and only about one bin was opened and only about a third of the contents were taken out. Which by the way had to be installed while the daddy was home, so he could entertain baby Skylar.
About two weeks ago, I entered another decade of life. Yes...my 20-10th birthday. One of my dearest friends decided that I was too old to get gifts, so instead gave Skylar a gift for my birthday. (Thanks Blendar) Being a mother herself, she must have known this secret all along....Soon after we put this bouncy, vibrating, toy dangling, chime making baby calming machine together, I realized that it was indeed a gift to me. As a matter of fact it was one of the best gifts I have ever received. I think the front of the box should say something like...Mommy Freedom. As soon as I put Skylar in that seat, she had a giant grin on her face and started batting feverishly at the little hanging noise makers. I can leave her in this for at least 10-20 minutes. Just long enough to take a shower and possibly slap on some mascara. I may even find the time to get those Christmas bins out and maybe even write a small bit on the blog instead of a quick picture dump!
Anyhow...Thank you my friend, Brenda.

No comments: