Saturday, December 05, 2009

Four Year Old Minds

This past Thanksgiving we rented a Uhaul to move some furniture to NY. Bopster was very excited about the truck because it was big and it had an image of a Rhino painted on the side. She and I drove in my car while daddy followed close behind in "his new truck." The next day we took the Uhaul back to the rental center. Later that night she asked me why we couldn't keep the truck. I said we only rented it. She wanted to know why we couldn't buy it and I said we didn't have enough money to buy a Uhaul truck, (not feeling the energy to explain the rental process.) So the Bop got quiet and looked sad. She then told me that she is going to buy Daddy that Uhaul for Christmas and she is going to spend her whole piggy bank on it and she will buy him the one with the Rhino and she will put a small red bow on it and park it in the driveway. :) I thought this was pretty generous and thoughtful and right up there with the Christmas spirit. However today, a week later, she has entirely different plans for her piggy bank and unfortunately it doesn't include daddy but rather Toys r Us.

No comments: