Just when we thought things were finally starting to fall into place, we ended up flat on our backs. To make a long sad story short, little miss Skylar landed in the hospital last week. We went to see the doctor for a fever and the next thing we knew she was hooked up to an IV on the pediatrics floor. I hope that anyone reading this never has to go through the experience of seeing your baby in one of those cold metal hospital cribs. If you have, you know the "sick to your stomach" feeling. But shookie monsta prevails. Skylar was a champion through the whole ordeal. She is such a sweet baby, but please if you know what's good for you, don't piss her off. When they were doing one of the MANY procedures she started to show her temper. She does this thing where she pulls her legs up to her chest and then slams them forward like a drop kick. I guess I can't blame her. It seems like the nurses had the absolute WORST timing. As soon as the poor little bittie fell asleep, for a much need nap, they would come into the room and poke and prod at her. Within the three days spent there, she endured a catheter, an IV needle, a chest x-ray, a body ultrasound, blood work, worst of all her tiny hiney buns went through a few too many thermometers and rectal tylenol! Oh and a room change at 9 pm just as she drifted off. All those things would push an adult over the edge, never mind a tiny baby who doesn't know anything except she doesn't feel good.
Triple quadroooople phew!!
She is just fine and we are now home, home sweet home. She is on an antibiotic to fight off her ear infection as well as the UTI. Dr. Vonnegut (yes, the son) took good care of her and we thanked him for coming to the hospital each day! If Skylar grew up and said she wanted to be a pediatrician I would be thrilled. Making sick babies feel better is an amazing gift!
5 comments:
scary, I'm glad that everything turned out ok.
I hate that sinking scary feeling. Glad that Skylar is recovering. It's amazing how they bounce back.
p.s. The "Rollercoaster Raod" is neverending! ;)
oh my god, I am welling up right now about to cry thinking about little Shookie Monsta in the hospital. Thank god she is ok. Delaney and I hope she feels all better soon and hope to see you guys soon!
Okay, so you don't actually know me (Jess' friend) but I read your blog because I love to hear other Moms talk about their kids. I was distressed to read about Skylar in the hospital! I can't imagine seeing either of my two having to go through that. So glad she's okay and your pediatrician sounds fabulous!
Okay, so you don't actually know me (Jess' friend) but I read your blog because I love to hear other Moms talk about their kids. I was distressed to read about Skylar in the hospital! I can't imagine seeing either of my two having to go through that. So glad she's okay and your pediatrician sounds fabulous!
Post a Comment